Since returning from Nepal and turning 19, I decided it was about time to start taking my health and fitness seriously. I’ve been working out 5-6 times a week for the last 3 months, and have already seen major improvements in my fitness, mental health and muscle definition.
I want to share with you a Workout Routine that I put together at the beginning of my fitness journey. It’s a mix of some of my favourite exercises to target all the major muscle groups. Have fun!
- Warm Up: 5mins running on treadmill between 8.5 – 10.5km/h
- Weighted Squats x 15 (Incorporate a shoulder press when rising out of each squat. I use 2lb weights)
- Half pushups x10
- Straight leg donkey kicks x10 each leg (on all fours, straighten a leg behind you and raise it to be inline with your back. Feel those glutes burn!)
- Fire hydrants with kick x10 each leg (on all fours, raise your knee out to the side, then extend the leg out straight)
- Tricep dips x10
- Side leg lifts x10 each side
- Leg raises x10 (lie on your back and -keeping your legs straight- raise them to a 90° angle, then lower them to the floor again)
- Elevated glute bridge (lie on your back and place your feet on a chair or bench, raise your hips to create a straight line, and lower again)
- Run on treadmill between 8.5- 10.5km/h x3 mins
- Repeat for 3 sets