It’s the last day of 2015! What a crazy year it has been. I’ve compiled a list of questions to help me reflect on this year’s events. I would encourage you to answer these questions for yourself. It can be very healthy to take some time out to reflect now and again.
- Describe 2015 in three words: challenging, exciting, developing. This year has pushed me out of my comfort zone, I’ve done things I never thought were possible. Although I’ve been fighting my anxiety and depression, I feel like I’ve really developed as a person and changed my mentality. This year has got me really excited for the future, as I’ve applied to university and for a gap year.
- What single achievement are you most proud of? The thing that really stands out for me is my month-long internship in a UK university. I learnt so much about psychology, and became much more independent and confident in myself.
- What book or movie affected your life the most? This is a recent one for me. On Christmas day I began reading a book about Bonhöffer, a famous Christian who stood up against the Nazis. I’ve found it so inspiring, and I would really recommend it.
- Who or what are you most thankful for? My God has been incredible as always in 2015. Sticking by my side and helping me through in my darkest days. I’m also so grateful for my sister. Although she is unaware of my mental challenges, she is always there to laugh with me and cheer me up 🙂
- What healthy habits did you adopt? I might have been a bit lazy with my eating, but I’m pleased that I made a commitment to workout at the gym twice a week, and having been keeping it up since August.
- What is the most important lesson you learned? Keep on moving because the sun will rise again. Don’t get too caught up in the worries of today, but take a step back. Break down challenges into bitesize chunks and keep walking forward, one step at a time.
- What things did you do for the first time in 2015? I stayed away from my family for a month, went in a limousine, went clubbing, applied to university, became a vegetarian, started blogging, cooked a three-course meal for the family, went to a spa, took part in a Colour Run, made a tie-dye top, saw my brainwaves on a computer screen and caught the bouquet at a wedding.
I can’t believe this year has passed so quickly. I can’t wait for the adventures 2016 will bring!