- 450g/16oz self raising flour
- large pinch of salt
- 110g/4oz butter/margarine
- 50g/2oz sultanas
- 50g/2oz caster sugar
- 300ml/10fl oz milk
- Produces about 12 scones
- Heat your oven to 20°C/425F/Gas mark 7
- Rub the butter into the salt and flour until it looks like fine
- Stir in sultanas and sugar, then add the milk bit by bit to form a soft dough. You may need to add a little more flour if the dough is too wet.
- Pat the dough onto a floured work surface and cut into circles (if you can’t find a circular cutter..like me.. you can always use a cup, but try not to squash the air out of the scones too much).
- Place the scones on a baking sheet and brush with a little milk (isn’t my brush cute!?)
- Bake for 12-15mins, until the tops are slightly golden.
Ta da! Deliciously british scones! Best served with jam (I prefer raspberry) and some whipped cream (if you’re feeling posh). Sit down with a nice cup of tea and enjoy 🙂