As well as being totally delicious, green tea can have some amazing health benefits. I’d love to share some of them with you today 🙂
- Antioxidant: green tea is a powerful antioxidant, meaning that it can help to counteract the negative effects of free radicals in your body. This boosts your immune system and can improve your brain function and skin condition.
- Boosts metabolism: green tea is also known for helping to aid weight loss by increasing your metabolism.
- Lower cancer risk: one study found that regular consumers of green tea have a 70% lower risk of colon cancer, 22% less risk of breast cancer and are 48% less likely to suffer from prostate cancer.
- Detoxifying: green tea can help to cleanse your blood and liver from impurities that build up.
- Dental health: it can strengthen tooth enamel, reduce plaque and bacteria in your mouth.
- Improves skin condition: green tea’s hydrating and antioxidant properties promote clear and glowing skin 🙂
- Energy: green tea contains some caffeine (less than coffee), which can be great for boosting energy and concentration.
The flavour of green tea depends on where it comes from. It usually has a delicate fresh grassy flavour, with slight cooling buttery notes.
I hope you found this interesting! I love trying new types of tea, I might even do a tea haul one day! I first discovered green tea about two years ago, and I usually drink 1-2 mugs of it a day. Love you lots, and remember to keep smiling 🙂