Coconut oil is literally one of the best things ever! I instantly fell in love with it when I discovered its versatility last year, and it is now one of my top beauty essentials. I’m sure you’ve heard people raving about the stuff, or maybe you’re a fan yourself. I’d like to share some of it’s many many uses, hopefully you’ll learn something new 🙂
Uses for Coconut Oil
- Make up remover: I use coconut oil every evening to remove my eye make up before I cleanse my face. Because it’s totally natural it won’t irritate your skin, plus I’ve heard that if you apply it to your eyelashes it makes them grow longer!
- Nail care: massaging coconut oil into your cuticles can really help your nails to grow strong and stay healthy, as well as keeping the surrounding skin moisturised. There was a time when my nails were really brittle, but after a couple months of applying coconut oil every night, I noticed how long and strong they had become, and again there are no harsh chemicals involved 🙂
- Hair mask: run some coconut oil through your hair and then wash it out after around 15 minutes. This treatment is really great to restore and hydrate damaged hair. If your hair is very dry you can also apply some coconut oil to the ends to keep them conditioned.
- Weight loss: coconut oil can be a good substitute for standard cooking oil. Apparently it speeds up the metabolism and can promote weight loss.
- Dog health: ok this isn’t really beauty related, but did you know that coconut oil is also great for your dog? It can improve their breath and add shine to their coat, plus they LOVE the stuff (i know my dog does). A little teaspoon as a treat now and again is a great idea.
- Bath soak: I love to drop a spoonful of coconut oil into my bath, it leaves my skin feeling so silky and hydrated 🙂
- Soothe sunburn: coconut oil can reduce the effect of sunburn and also relieve itching from insect bites
There are many more benefits of coconut oil out there. I picked up a 500ml tub from my local supermarket for 5 euros (and it’s still half full one year later). So I recommend looking into it if you’re interested 🙂
Quick update: I’ve had a DRASTIC haircut (well drastic by my standards), it’s the shortest it’s been for many many years, but I really like it 🙂 Sorry there weren’t many posts last week, my depression was not so great.. but my medication dose has increased and I’ve been feeling more bright and productive 🙂 Have a great day x