Hi there 🙂 Today I’d love to share with you two simple DIY ideas to bring more positivity into your everyday life!
The first is a Smile Book. I started mine in 2012. In this notebook you can include anything at all that brings a smile to your face 🙂 I love reading through my Smile Book whenever I’m feeling down, it really helps to brighten me up. Get creative; cut out pics from magazines, use coloured pens, stick in old photos. Here are a list of ideas to include to get you started:
- Make spider diagrams of; your favourite things/sounds/smells/tastes
- Make a list of funny memories
- Write an acrostic poem for the word “Smile”
- Print off Lolcatz pics ;P
- Google “positivity quotes”
- Ask your friends to write things they like about you on post-it notes
- Write down your favourite jokes
The second DIY to bring more happiness to your life is a Daily Gratitude Mason Jar. At the end of each day, I write down around 6 bullet points about good things that happened during the day that I’m grateful for on a small piece of paper and put it in my mason jar. It has been scientifically proven that simply by recalling 5 positive events from that day, you can increase your overall happiness 🙂 (They also look super cute on your desk or dresser).
I hope you feel inspired to have a go making either a Smile Book or a Daily Gratitude Mason Jar! Have an amazing day.